Dothan Housing: BOSS Launches Ready to Rent 6 Week Class
DOTHAN HOUSING BEGINS READY TO RENT
READY TO RENT COURSE TAUGHT BY CERTIFIED INSTRUCTORS
DOTHAN, AL, November 18, 2021-: Ready to Rent is a 4-6-week rental education class offered by Dothan Housing, through the BOSS organization (Building Opportunities towards Self-Sufficiency), to the public. The class helps renters learn their rights and responsibilities in addition to helping those with rental barriers access housing. During the course, renters work closely with housing specialists and peers to:
- Overcome Barriers to Rental Housing
- Learn about their responsibilities as a tenant
- Learn about Landlord-Tenant Law
- Take steps towards repairing credit and establishing a realistic budget
- Get referrals to landlords who consider Ready to Rent graduates
- Earn a Ready to Rent Certificate of Completion at the end of the training. Renters can present the certificate to landlords to prove rent readiness.
This free course begins November 23, 2021, at OCI located at the Old Montana Street school at
1001 Montana Street Dothan, AL 36303. Potential participants must register by emailing Calencia Perry at email@example.com or calling 334-589-0728 as we will provide lunch to all participants.